Sunday 15 March 2015

INIKA BROW PENCIL


How does everyone create the perfect brow?!

I have the fairest eyebrows in the world, you can barely even see that they are there, so I am constantly on the hunt for brow pencils, that will give my brows definition but that don’t make them stand out too much against my pale complexion. 
I've used lots of eye brow pencils, even tried H&M's own beauty brand, and although I liked most of them, I haven't found one that has particularly stood out as a firm favourite yet.

I haven't reviewed any Inika products since last year (Mineral Lipstick Review here & Rosehip colour for cheeks and lips here), so let me just recap a little bit about the company. Inika products are made from 'the finest crushed mineral pigments', They are a certified cruelty free company and one of the few certified vegan make up brands currently on the market. They also claim that 'only a tiny bit of product is needed to achieve great coverage, which means your Inika products will not only perform brilliantly but also last longer as well'.

The Inika pencil comes in a fairly simple yet classic black and gold cardboard box, inside the box is a sleek black pencil, with two lids, one a clear plastic lid, the other with a built in sharpener. The pencil is currently available in two colours - Blonde Bombshell and Brunette Beauty. I opted for the blonde bombshell option hoping that it would go well with my skin tone.

The brow pencil looks so light in the photos below, and to be honest, it is a very light tone however it is easily built up to give a slightly deeper colour. The pencil is extremely soft, making it very easy to apply without leaving lots of pencil lines in my brows. Unlike previous eye brow pencils that I have used, this pencil nib doesn't break away easily, even when increasing pressure is applied, additionally there is no waxy residue left on the brows nor does it clump up, which helps to give a more natural look. I've been able to define and volumise my brows whilst using this pencil, and fill in any gaps within my brows.

I've been using my this brow pencil alongside my Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper and Hair Touch up also in Blonde. Ive found that together these products work so well, and give me the best shape and colour that my eyebrows have had for a long time!



Brows using both the Inika Brow Pencil and the Bobbi Brown Brow Shaper both in Blonde.
I would highly recommend this eye brow pencil, although it is a little bit more pricey that drugstore buys, it is definitely worth parting with your cash for. You can purchase the Inika brow pencil from the MyPure site here for £13.50.

I've been playing around with make up and hair slightly today, what do you think of this look above? 

until next time
love and kisses
Ness xo. 


Keep up with what's going on with My Dangerous Obsession on:

Instagram  |  Twitter  | Facebook | Lookbook  |  Bloglovin'


No comments:

Post a Comment