Thursday 12 February 2015

MUA PRO-BASE EYE PRIMER REVIEW.


I honestly had never know the amazing-ness of using a primer before applying eye shadow until now. I have to admit that as I haven't used an eye primer before I have nothing to compare it with, but nonetheless, I couldn't believe how much of a difference it made. I picked up this product about a month ago in my random supderdrug haul, I wasn't planning on reviewing this for my blog, but had quite a few people asking me how I got on with it, so here goes.


To apply the eye primer, I dabbed the doe foot applicator onto the eye lids, and the gently blended the product in with my finger. The primer itself is quite thick and cream like, but very easy to apply and blend it. Upon blending the MUA primer, it settles into a powder matte finish. The primer is slightly tinted to a nude/very light skin tone so as well as providing a good base for the eyeshadow, it also helps to even out your skin tone on the eyelids too which helps to give a even coverage all over the eye lid once the shadow has been applied.
I found that the primer did help to prolong the time the eye shadow lasted by a good couple of hours (around 4/5hours) than when not using it. I found that the primer does help increase the vibrancy of the eye shadow as you can see in a picture below but not a huge amount but enough to make the colour pop better than without the primer.

The top swatch is from the Makeup Revolution palette WITHOUT the primer.
The bottom swatch is WITH the primer.

As I said I haven't use an eye primer before, so I cant compare this to the likes of the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion or Benefit's stay don't stray primer, but for price this MUA product undercuts both by well over £15. For price (£2.50) I think that the MUA pro-base eye primer product is great value for money. Due to this I think that the product is definitely worth a try!!
You can buy the product from Superdrug online and instore or from the MUA online store

Until next time

love and kisses

Ness xo.

Follow me via:

Instagram  |  Twitter  |  Lookbook  |  Bloglovin' 


No comments:

Post a Comment